Q. I can't send my statements using your portal. What do I do now?

A. If your bank is not listed by our statement portal please let us know by calling us on 03 9725 4977 or emailing us.   You will need to fill out the application first.

Q. Do I have any other rights and obligations?

A. Yes. The law will give you other rights and obligations. You should READ YOUR CONTRACT carefully first.

Q. Any other questions you want to ask?

A. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ring or email Money Centre prior to accepting your contract.

Q. Can Money Centre take action against me?

A. Yes, if you are in default under your contract.

Money Centre has a legal right to take action against a defaulting customer and adopts the following general policy, which it reserves the right to implement, in part or in whole, at it's sole discretion.

Money Centre personnel will attempt to telephone or email the customer shortly after a default, or breach of the contract, has occurred.

Money Centre reserves the right to re-direct debit the customer’s account, on the date the customer’s next pay is presumed to be deposited based on the information available to Money Centre. Such re-direct debit to be attempted for a period of up to 365 days after the default.

Money Centre will send a default notice by post and/or facsimile and/or email.

In the event that the customer has not remedied the default within 30 days from the date of the default notice, Money Centre will begin enforcement proceedings including, but not limited to, the engagement of the services of a mercantile agent to effect collection.

In addition, or in the alternative, after the issuing of the default notice and the expiration of 30 days thereafter, Money Centre reserves the right to commence legal proceedings in the appropriate court or tribunal. In such circumstances, Money Centre will seek an order for full indemnity for all costs, fees and charges incurred, plus interest associated with securing repayment of the credit advance.

It is the policy of Money Centre to list any defaulting accounts with our Credit Reporting Agency, Veda Advantage. This listing will remain in your file for a period of 5 years and may affect any future credit applications with any other form of credit providers.

Q. What if Money Centre and I cannot agree on a suitable arrangement?

A. Money Centre has in place an Internal Dispute Resolution Scheme. If this fails to solve your problem, you may be able to apply to the court. Or contact your state Department, or Office of Fair Trading/Consumer Affairs or get legal advice.

Q. What do I do if I cannot make a repayment?

A. If you have been unemployed, sick or there is another acceptable reason why you are having problems with your obligations under your contract, then your contract will be able to be changed to meet your situation. Get in touch with Money Centre immediately. Discuss the matter and see if you can come to a mutually agreeable arrangement. You can ask Money Centre to change your contract in a number of ways, for example:

You may extend the term of the contract and reduce the amount of each payment accordingly


You may extend the term of the contract and defer payments for a specified period


You may defer payments for a specified period.

However you will still have to pay out the contract to Money Centre.

Q. What do I do if I think I may have difficulty with repayments on my loan?

A. If you think you may not be able to pay in accordance with the contractual terms, or that such payments could not be made without substantial hardship to yourself. Do not accept the contract for a credit advance.

Q. Is there anything I can do if I think that my contract is unjust?

A. Yes. You should first ring or email Money Centre. And discuss the matter and see if you can come to some arrangement. Money Centre has an Internal Dispute Resolution Scheme in place. If not satisfied with this. You can contact the External Dispute Resolution Scheme that Money Centre subscribes to. If that is not successful you could apply to the court. Contact your state Department, or Office of Fair Trading/Consumer Affairs, or get legal advice.

Q. How can I find out the pay out figure?

A. You can write or email to Money Centre at any time and ask for a statement of the pay out figure as at any date you specify. You can also ask for details of how the amount is made up. You may be charged a fee for the statement.

Q. Can I pay my credit contract out early?

A. Yes. Contact Money Centre and the amount required to pay out your credit contract on the day you wish to end your contract will be provided. Please note that this will include the full amount borrowed plus fees and charges incurred up to that date.

Q. Is Security required?

A. No. Your contract does not involve a mortgage.

Q. Do I need Insurance?

A. No. You do not have to take out any insurance.

Q. Can I terminate the contract?

A. Yes. So long as you have not obtained, or tried to obtain, any credit under the contract. However, you may still have to pay any fees or charges incurred before you terminated the contract. You can terminate the contract by emailing Money Centre.

Q. How can I get a copy of the final contract?

A. Once you have accepted the offer by Money Centre. You can print a copy of the email for your records. If you want another copy of your contract, just ask for one. Money Centre will provide you with a copy within 14 days, but they may charge you a fee for this service.

Q. Are changes made to the contract?

A. No. Your contract will not be changed by Money Centre.

Q. Will I pay less interest if I pay out my contract early?

A. No, Money Centre does not charge an interest rate fee.

Q. My credit contract, how will I get the details?

A. Money Centre will email, an offer, which contains certain information about your contract. This is a pre-contractual statement you must read.

Q. How do I repay my loan?

A. We set up an automatic Direct Debit from your nominated Bank Account on your payday. This may be Weekly, Fortnightly or Monthly.

Q. How do I get my cash?

A.  Your cash will be transferred to your nominated Bank Account the same day, or overnight, depending on your bank.

Q. How much will the loan cost?

A. You will be sent an offer, which will outline the cost and repayments of the loan. If you do not wish to accept the offer, it lapses and there is no charge.

Q. Why Choose Money Centre?

A. We take you, the customer seriously and our aim is to foster that relationship and trust. We can help and we are quick.

Q. What can I borrow?

A. The amount you can borrow will be determined by your income and your ability to repay the loan. You must be earning at least $1500 per month. If you are successful you will be sent an offer.

Q. How do I raise a complaint and how does the process work?

A. Your complaint will be recognised within 7 business days, after which we’ll aim to provide you with a solution within 14 business days. You should provide as much information as possible to assist us.

If the matter is simple we will resolve it as soon as possible. However we will aim to resolve your complaint within 45 business days. We will keep you informed of the progress of the matter throughout.

If you’re not satisfied with our proposed resolution, or it takes longer than 45 days, you may appeal the matter and contact an independent external dispute resolution service, the Australian Financial Complaints Authority. Their processes are impartial, independent and free for our customers.

You can contact AFCA via email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., call them directly on 1300 56 55 62 or by post to GPO Box 3 Melbourne VIC 3001.